The award is designed to support the work of an active storyteller through the provision of funding to support travel expenses related to a storytelling project. To apply for the Anne Smythe Travel Grant, storytellers should complete and send the application form to Storytelling Toronto describing your travel plans and budget, as well as how the proposed trip will enhance your storytelling work. The purpose of the travel could include research, mentoring, participation in conferences and festivals.
- The Anne Smythe Travel Award is a grant of $500
- The recipient(s) is/are selected through a juried process. The jury is anonymous.
- The application process is open to any storyteller who submits a project by the deadline and who agrees to the conditions of the Award. See ‘Expectations of the Recipient.’
- Applications may be sent by post, courier or hand delivered. Email and fax submissions will not be accepted.
- The Anne Smythe Travel Award will not be given for travel already completed.
- The deadline to receive applications is January 15, 2013.
- The applicants will be informed by letter of the jury’s decision in March 2013.
- The recipient(s) will be officially announced in the launch of the 35th Toronto Storytelling Festival in March 2013.
Download the Application: Anne Smythe Travel Award Application Form
Applications forms can also be mailed out upon request. Contact Gail at the office 416-656-2445 or by e-mail, email@example.com